Why have my referrals disappeared?

I recently referred a friend to Bulb & she used my referral link. The £50 showed on both our accounts under referrals… Now the switched has happened (2 Nov), it has disappeared & says 0 pending etc. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

I recently referred a friend to Bulb & she used my referral link. The £50 showed on both our accounts under referrals..... Now the switched has happened (2 Nov), it has disappeared & says 0 pending etc. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

Only the Bulb team will have a definitive answer to your query, so possibly you may to wait until Monday for a response from them.

If you go to “Refer a friend” on you dashboard account doesn’t any details show under “Currently Switching” or “Complete”?

Morning, No, it did say currently switching (2 Nov) then as soon as date came it all disappeared. Says absolutely nothing now on either app or website.

Morning, No, it did say currently switching (2 Nov) then as soon as date came it all disappeared. Says absolutely nothing now on either app or website.

Strange, I suggest you give the Bulb team a ring during working hours, contact details at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

Thank you for your help.

@Paulking Can you message me your friend’s name and address so I can find their account and see what might have gone wrong.