Why I have these price increase in prices. I have a 12 month fixed tariff

Why I have these price increase in prices. I have a 12 month fixed tariff

Hi @Kennedy we don’t actually have any fixed deals. Everybody at Bulb is on the same tariff: vari-fair. This is a variable tariff.

I can’t say I recognize this vari-fair tariff. The tariff I agreed to was called fixed rate. I signed up to this for one year.

Hi @wernsch Do you remember where you saw this advertised? I’d be interested in finding out if this is mis-advertised somewhere.

We’ve never had a fixed deal for residential members in our history, and all of our members are on the same tariff. On the welcome pack this shows as:

Wernsch, your’e not signed up to anything on Bulb. You are mistaken it is vari-fair even on U-switch, you have the best deal going and can switch at any time without penalties. You seem to be thinking of what the big dealers do, fixed for 12 months then auto variable with hefty get out clause.

I can't say I recognize this vari-fair tariff. The tariff I agreed to was called fixed rate. I signed up to this for one year.

The proof of the pudding:

When you joined Bulb you would have been sent a welcome email, attached to that email was a welcome pack. What did it say in the welcome pack?

Mine said:

Your energy supply agreement

For electricity For gas
Product Name Vari-Fair Vari-Fair

Out of interest the Welcome pack did have these two terms and conditions:

3.2.3. If you’re on a fixed plan, the charges that applied to your fixed plan on the date you signed up,

3.2.4. If you’re on a variable plan, the charges that applied to your variable plan for the period in which you consumed the electricity and or gas,

Hi Wernsch, Let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks everyone for chipping in. If you do recall seeing this advertised incorrectly somewhere we would love to know about it.