why is bulb taken more money than arranged

When I setup bulb they said I would be £57 a month roughly they have just taken £120 even tho iv not missed a payment and they claim im still in debt wots goin on

When I setup bulb they said I would be £57 a month roughly they have just taken £120 even tho iv not missed a payment and they claim im still in debt wots goin on

Purely as another customer.

I would suggest you carry out a couple of quick checks and actions.

1. Have you submitted regular monthly meter readings since you joined Bulb?

2. Are these correctly logged on Bulb, you can do this by going to your account dashboard and selecting “Energy Usage”. If the latest reading is showing “Estimated” in the Input Type column then submit meter reading pronto.

3. If you check you latest bill does the meter readings on the bill line up with the readings showing on the “Energy Usage” page.

If you haven’t submitted meter readings (ideally every month) your usage will be estimated which could account why all of a sudden you have been asked to pay £120.

I was under the impression that the customers of Bulb set their own Direct Debit amount but based on advice from Bulb taking into account whether the customer is in credit or debit. On this basis I am surprised Bulb took £120 without your prior agreement or advance notice. Further information is at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- .

I assume you have looked in your " Payments and Statement" page from your dashboard to see what monthly payment is showing?

I keep total tabs on my usage and payments so there are no surprises as encountered by you. Ideally my monthly direct debit is a constant amount and set at a level that over a 12 month period I am neither in credit or debit.

When I signed up I was never advised to take meter readings and have never done so with other company’s so never knew to do this I will look at that right away still annoyed though the money was taken and left me short in the bank without any correspondence

When I signed up I was never advised to take meter readings and have never done so with other company's so never knew to do this I will look at that right away still annoyed though the money was taken and left me short in the bank without any correspondence

You should have been asked for a meter reading just before your actual switch. This reading would have been the opening reading for Bulb and the closing reading for your previous supplier so they could send you the final bill.

Hi Mandi. We should set the payment amount clearly and tell you 3 days before a payment is coming out. We should also tell you if we are updating the payment amount, with an email several weeks before the adjustment is made. We also include a reminder in the monthly payment email to submit meter readings, and have been actively asking members who haven’t submitted readings for 3 months with special emails. If you aren’t getting any of these communications then something must be wrong. I think you should probably give us a call (on 0300 30 30 635 from Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 6:00 pm) or email to help@bulb.co.uk to get this resolved.