Why is customer support so terrible?!

I feared the worst when I saw them advertising on tv to big to answer customers now had my smart meter fitted today it’s not measuring electric only gas and chat STILL busy 30 min wait on the phone not good enough …

1 Like

Mine does that. It comes on, then goes off. Then comes back then goes again. A lot seem to get it. Bulb said it’s because it was only fitted 27th sept. Then I had a request for readings but they said it was ok as they had had them directly. But I saw someone else hasn’t had a bill since theirs was fitted so I hope It doesn’t mess it up too much. Beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered having one. Especially as the figures seem to jump about even when nothing different is running. I think I will end up switching the display off.
Does anyone know how much they cost to run? I asked a bulb rep as a friend told me hers was adding £10 a week to the bill and the same on her neighbours which I can’t see…but all the rep could say was it shouldn’t be that much but couldn’t tell me how much they use.

1 Like

I´ve been waiting for a reply since July from Oisin… since July! Several emails asking for updates or to clarify what´s going on, and nothing. Extremelly poor customer service. Chat not available, phone support impossible to get throguh and useless, and emails not answered…

I´ll appreciate if you could look into it.

2 Likes

@William_at_Bulb can you advise? Getting nowhere on any format. Usually billed around 11th. No sign of any bill although they finally took the monthly payment. Had smart meters fitted last month so surely they should be on top of the bills. I’m seriously considering moving now. I’ve only been here 3 months.

1 Like

@William_at_Bulb please add me to your list of people who have outstanding queries - I am getting incredibly frustrated with the lack of response. I have sent several mails for a new meter issue that has gone on for three months now.

1 Like

My take as well. Customer service was great just a couple of months ago, but now chat is not working, and emails got unanswered for over a week now. Not great

2 Likes

can you responed to my emails then

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue.
I’ve been trying to get a response for over a month!
They send email acknowledgments but never actually respond.
web chat hadn’t worked once in all that time and I don’t have time to be on hold on the phone for 20 minutes.

This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Same problem here. It’s actually even worse than the previous provider I switched from due to poor support. Worst decision ever

1 Like

I am having the same experience. I have not been able to get an accurate number for my usage for 3 years. I now have a smart meter but after 2 months I still do not have usage on my online account. It says it does not have enough information! Emails have gone unanswered, live chat doesn’t work and the phone waits are too long. I’m feeling unvalued and am tempted to switch away. It’s reassuring to realise that it is not just me having trouble though.

1 Like

Nobody is replying to my emails yet I’ve received one from bulb today saying they are passing my account to a debt collection agency!
I’ve been asking for a prepayment meter for a month now!!!
The email says you’ve been trying to contact me but all I’ve had is an email.
I’ve sent several to you and they have all been ignored.
I’m now contacting the ombudsman because threatening me with debt collectors is disgusting when I have tried repeatedly to get this matter sorted.

1 Like

That’s strange as your complaint is exactly the same as why I have just signed up!

Meter readings being ignored along with no response to my messages…

Sort it out bulb!

1 Like

Same here. Bulb completely ignores my email. My issue has lasted for 5 month and still not sorted. I sent multiple email to both help & complaint, only auto acknowlogyment replies were received.

Each time I contacted the online chat, I always got the same reply from every agent. “we will forward the issue to the smart team”. End. No progress at all.

2 Likes

I need to get my account sorted too, I have both phoned and used chat to try And get my electricity meter readings updated since the smart meter install on the 20th August, I have supplied you with all the readings pre and post the install but nothing is being updated! Please get this sorted!

I’m seriously considering switching. Even if the smart meters don’t work elsewhere although I was assured they will. I just had a quick look at their complaints totals. It’s huge.

@William_at_Bulb
Same problem here… have just written my THIRD email in a month, with zero reply.

Bulb have gone hugely down in my books. Very disappointing… if I wasnt awaiting the credit that was remaining on the prepaid meters to be added to my account I’d have been gone about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately bulb aren’t the only green providers out there, if they want to retain customers they need to up their game!

i doubt it’s your worse decision ever.

I agree, terrible service. I’ve been trying since July to get a smart meeter fitted, it’s been a string of disasters and I wish I’d ever started this sorry process. I wish I’d never switched to Bulb! They make a big deal on their website about customer service - this is a complete fabrication! Customer Service is the lowest priority for them, I’m taking my case to the energy ombudsman and can’t wait to leave this shambles of a company.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I’ve been trying to instal my smart meter for 2 months, missed appointments… no response to emails, calls, even tweets! Only response I’ve had is to offer £30 compensation which never materialised either. Shocking service.

I’ve now submitted a complaint to the Ombudsman, I can’t deal with these people any longer…