Why is my bill so high?

Why is my bill so high?? 3 bed semi and my 1st bill is £250! Never had a bill so high!

Is it your bill or an estimate, if you do not submit readings on time Bulb will use estimates and they can be well of the mark.
Check and see if an estimate or actual has been used from your statement.

It doesn’t say estimate anywhere in it and I have submitted meter readings. My usage on my online account says £93 so I really can’t understand it! I have never used £250 of energy in my life-not even when it was freezing cold outside!

On your statement does it say estimate as per attached.
Even though you have sent in readings they have to go in within a 2 day time frame.
Are you confusing your actual bill with a suggestion to raise your DD.

It doesn’t say estimate anywhere in it and I have submitted meter readings.

It will say next to the number on the statement. Something like “reading” or “estimate”.

My usage on my online account says £93 so I really can’t understand it! I have never used £250 of energy in my life-not even when it was freezing cold outside!

Could you clarify the figures you’re quoting? Are they on the statement, listed in the running balance on the online account, or is it the amount debited from your bank account?

Hi @Loo, I’ve had a quick look at your account and can see that we have used estimated meter readings on the day of your switch, since we didn’t get any actual readings from you at the time.

The estimate for electricity was clearly too low, which has caused a big jump up in your bills. I have now raised a dispute with your previous supplier so we can both revise your bills with a more accurate reading. I’ve sent you an email to confirm this.

If anyone else can see that an estimate has been used on their bill and would like it corrected, please contact help@bulb.co.uk so we can amend it. :slight_smile:

Hi @Loo, I've had a quick look at your account and can see that we have used estimated meter readings on the day of your switch, since we didn't get any actual readings from you at the time.

@Loo any reason why you didn’t submit meter readings at the time of switching to Bulb? It’s really critical that this was done in order to get accurate bills. Not doing so creates problems as you’ve experienced.