Why is my Bulb increasing my Direct Debit when I'm in credit?

With £166 in credit I need to know why my payments need to rise from £77 to £128 per month and why I have only had 7 days notice of the new price.
To say I need to be approx £250 in credit before the 2019 winter months actually means from April to October I will be building up credit without getting any interest on my money, Bulb appears to have their hand in my pocket and helping themselves.
Can someone explain?

With £166 in credit I need to know why my payments need to rise from £77 to £128 per month and why I have only had 7 days notice of the new price. To say I need to be approx £250 in credit before the 2019 winter months actually means from April to October I will be building up credit without getting any interest on my money, Bulb appears to have their hand in my pocket and helping themselves. Can someone explain?

Purely as another customer.

There have been lost of discussions recently regarding this aspect on the forum I wont go into all the detail;s but you may you wish to carry out your own search of the forum?

The best advice I can give is that if you have sufficient credit to cover your next month energy use is to keep your DD at the current amount., this should in theory deplete your credit over the winter months.

At some stage you may find you are starting to go into a debit situation at which stage you need to increase your monthly payments so that you have sufficient credit for one month advance payment.

Also check out https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- as it provides a more definitive answer to your query.

Hey @Assegai

This recent post about payments will hopefully clear things up. But do let us know if you have any more questions!