Why is my gas usage so high?

Ive been with bulb one year on the variable tariff. After giving the wrong gas meter readings for several months I was alerted to my mistake and corrected my records. I was shocked to learn that our gas usage was 18,372kwh over the year (electricity seems a lot lower at 1948kwh). This seems really high and I’m keen to know
A) is this normal?
B) how can I reduce this?
C)) will I be affected by the likely upcoming price rises?
I like bulb but original quote on joining was £60 p/m based on their estimated usage. Based on current usage they estimate £115p/m :frowning:
We are a 4-bed professional flatshare so mostly only using energy evenings and weekends. Like most people I assume, we don’t heat the home at all between May-September ish. During the winter we use a timer. We have a Vailliant Eco combi boiler for water and radiators, and cook on electric, not gas.
Any ideas? Any suggestions at all would be gladly received.

I have 4 bed detached and am cautious how I use fuel, I am:
17500 kWh for gas and 2500kWh for elec. My dd is currently £76. although I may have to increase with the new price rise.
Your kWh usage does not appear to be high, I would say average. The only way to reduce is use less kWh, I suspect with flat share that is not so easy, maybe you want to start monitoring on a daily basis for a couple of weeks and see whats being used where.
If you gave wrong estimates to start with then that would affect your dd payments.

I have 4 bed detached and am cautious how I use fuel, I am: 17500 kWh for gas and 2500kWh for elec. My dd is currently £76. although I may have to increase with the new price rise. Your kWh usage does not appear to be high, I would say average. The only way to reduce is use less kWh, I suspect with flat share that is not so easy, maybe you want to start monitoring on a daily basis for a couple of weeks and see whats being used where. If you gave wrong estimates to start with then that would affect your dd payments.

Thanks scudo, I paid off my outstanding debit at the end of July so hoping I can start afresh. It’s really helpful to know that my usage isn’t extraordinary - cheers! Mine is a maisonette flat, top three floors of a terraced house (two floors below). I guess I will leave it a month and check usage again and then make a call whether to switch or not.