Why no date field in the readings we to Bulb

It is not always possible to send the Energy readings the same day they are taken. Other companies provide a date field or a choice of dates around the nominal date (say + / - 5 days) so that the date is correct for the readings taken. Why is Bulb not providing this facility? I don’t think it is beyond the mental ability of most users to add a date next to the reading. It may also be optional entry (if not used, the date can be assumed as the date of sending in the reading via the web). Any ideas Bulb? Any future improvements?

It is not always possible to send the Energy readings the same day they are taken. Other companies provide a date field or a choice of dates around the nominal date (say + / - 5 days) so that the date is correct for the readings taken. Why is Bulb not providing this facility? I don't think it is beyond the mental ability of most users to add a date next to the reading. It may also be optional entry (if not used, the date can be assumed as the date of sending in the reading via the web). Any ideas Bulb? Any future improvements?

I don’t recollect my previous energy suppliers (two of the big six) providing the facility to add a date. Personally I am more than happy with the current situation, I read my meters each monthly and enter the information straight after. I then leave Bulb to make any estimate adjustment because I know the following month it will self correct itself.

@Litsa Hi there. Thanks for the feedback - at the moment we don’t have any plans for this feature, we normally assume most people are submitting the reads just after they read the meter. Even if they are submitted a day or two later, this discrepancy won’t mean too much in terms of billing which is why we haven’t added the facility.

Also happy the way it is, I receive an email when reading is due, I then send in the readings and my bill is based on actuals.
If you go to your account and statements & balance you will see the dates for the readings.

I’m happy too. With the bulb app or mobile site you can bring your phone to the meters and input the readings straight away. I don’t recall Npower having a date facility.