Why so long before a meter reading shows on the account

I gave Bulb a reading on the 8th November. It’s now the 19th.

Why is it not showing on my Web page account with new figures.

I’m not accepting any raise in my monthly DD until I understand where you get your numbers from. I’m 3 months in credit and you telling me that “Winter months become more expensive” is not washing.

This post details how Bulb calculate the recommended DD payments. Just a comment that most of the time the email is a suggestion or recommendation to increase/decrease your DD payments and not an attempt to notify you of Bulb unilaterally increasing your DD payments.

Can’t comment on the rise it self, as I do not have the details, and i am not suggesting you post them either.

There has been several threads on this matter, you might want to go an search the forum, to review the comments, and suggestions how you can manage DD.

As long as your in credit and you have enough credit to pay for your monthly bill, there is n’t much of an issue, the only time Bulb will unilaterally change your DD if your in debt or will be in debt in the following month.

You can ask for a refund of credit if your account accrues a considerable high level of credit, but with the DD payment scheme you will at one point be 3 times your DD in credit. The credit is to cover the winter months or high usage months, as the DD is calculated on an average monthly cost, compared to paying the bill on demand.

Sorry JusySsavvy, I disagree with part of your statement

“As long as your in credit and you have enough credit to pay for your monthly bill, there is n’t much of an issue, the only time Bulb will unilaterally change your DD if your in debt or will be in debt in the following month.”

I am over £160 in credit, and was sent an email today that Bulb will raise my DD from £58 to £78 (that is about 30%) Checked my Bulb account and that would have taken effect from 3rd December 2018.

I always keep a healthy credit for coming winter months ahead. May make a one off top up £50 if the weather gets really bad. The head room for me is important. My bills average about £60 - £65 in the winter. This doesn’t sit well with me at all.

Sorry JusySsavvy, I disagree with part of your statement

“As long as your in credit and you have enough credit to pay for your monthly bill, there is n’t much of an issue, the only time Bulb will unilaterally change your DD if your in debt or will be in debt in the following month.”

Hi @km1423

It depends on how you read the statement, but I would hope it means “if you have enough credit to pay one month in advance for your energy” then there is no need to increase your DD payment. In your particular situation leave it at £58.

I assume you know how to amend your DD payments to keep it at £58?