Why so many estimates?

Hi there
How come when I send in meter readings which is normally when our payment is due, (as advised) often our usage is still estimated within a day or two of us doing it?
This seems a bit pointless and estimates are just as they are, just guesswork and not accurate.

Just seems strange.

Thank you…

I believe in those circumstance if you submit readings say 2 days before your bill is due then they take your readings and estimate the 2 days based on your average usage not the complete month.

Thanks…so probably best to read it on the actual due date which will be way more accurate than an estimation (guess)?

I normally submit mine when I receive the reminder email from them, I would still go a couple of days before it is due as the 2 day estimate is unlikely to be more than £2 out if that as it is based on historical usage.

Hi there How come when I send in meter readings which is normally when our payment is due, (as advised) often our usage is still estimated within a day or two of us doing it?

As @scudo says, the best time to submit meter readings is around 2-3 days before your Bulb payments come out. This way we can make sure your statements accurately show how much energy you’ve used. We send reminders at this time so if you follow those you’ll submit readings at the right time! Hope that helps @the_askews2.

As @scudo says, the best time to submit meter readings is around 2-3 days before your Bulb payments come out. This way we can make sure your statements accurately show how much energy you’ve used. We send reminders at this time so if you follow those you'll submit readings at the right time! Hope that helps @the_askews2.
Is this still valid for gas with the validations that take place?

I submitted my last readings within this time period and the gas reading used for my bill was still an estimate.

@mowcius the gas read validation issue is separate. We’re working on processes to reduce the time the validation takes. Hopefully within a month or two, we’ll use the gas reads immediately in 99.9% of customers’ cases.

Hopefully within a month or two, we'll use the gas reads immediately in 99.9% of customers' cases.
Sounds good.

Fingers and toes crossed. :wink: