Why take payment when my accouont is in enough credit?

On 21 Sept my account looked like it was in credit to the value of £111.09. So why did Bulb take a payment of £89.83 from my account on 24 Sept?
There was already sufficient funds in the account so why take more?

The same has happened to me, I’m in credit by more than a monthly payment but they still took payment from my bank account.

However I think all the suppliers do this and do consider that over the forthcoming winter months you’ll be probably eating into the accumulated credit.

On 21 Sept my account looked like it was in credit to the value of £111.09. So why did Bulb take a payment of £89.83 from my account on 24 Sept? There was already sufficient funds in the account so why take more?

Have you taken into account Bulb requires payment one month in advance?

Without giving any personal details, once Bulb had taken your £89.93 on 24 September was your credit then sufficient to pay the following month’s energy use?

If your account is in enough credit to cover your next payment, the payment won’t automatically be stopped or reduced.

Your payments are an average to cover your annual cost of energy so we need to keep taking them.

We try to be as clear as possible in the signup process that we take payment in advance. We take payments this way because we buy energy three months in advance which keeps our prices down.

At the end of each month, we’ll send you a statement summarising the cost of the energy you’ve used. We’ll subtract this from your monthly payment, and give you an update on your account balance.