Why

I have been with you for 2 months. when I first signed up you recommended that my monthly payments be £148 you are now telling me they need to be £331 a month! What!! How can this be!
I’m confused and also worried. Who pays that for gas and electric.
we are never in the house we work. how can our gas and electric be so high!

I have been with you for 2 months. when I first signed up you recommended that my monthly payments be £148 you are now telling me they need to be £331 a month! What!! How can this be! I'm confused and also worried. Who pays that for gas and electric. we are never in the house we work. how can our gas and electric be so high!

I would think the figures Bulb are advising you to pay are based an estimated meter reading figures. To get your account as accurate as possible make sure you are sending Bulb monthly meter readings.

Also go into you into your “Payments & Statements” on your account dashboard and check the “Monthly Payments”, you can amend the figure if you so wish so that it covers the next monthly bill.

Over a period of time as you submit monthly readings any estimates Bulb are advising you to pay should get more accurate?

@robbie18 Can you email us photos of your meters as the readings that we have had from you don’t look correct. Our email address is help@bulb.co.uk. Then we can get it all sorted for you :slight_smile: