Will a smart meter adjust my monthly debit automatically?

I’m thinking of switch to a smart meter with bulb but I wanted to know - will my monthly debit be auto adjusted to match my monthly usage if I have a meter installed or will I have to keep manually adjusting my payments to keep my account in credit?

Thanks.

Smart meters don’t seem to be working at the moment. . I would just keep your normal meter and manually submit your readings. When you ask for a quote refine your quote and add you annual usage so bulb can calculate your monthly DD. You can always adjust yourself but bulb calculate you annual spend and divide by 12 to spread the cost over the year

- will my monthly debit be auto adjusted to match my monthly usage if I have a meter installed .

I think it is reasonably to say that your DD won’t be automatically changed if you have a smart meter. Obviously Bulb will still be reviewing and suggesting what your DD payments should be.

Thanks for the help! I guess they aren’t worth it to me if it’s the same amount of work to manage my payments though.