Will you will work out my usage based on the readings provided a few days ago?

I have received an email stating that you will be calculating my monthly usage based on an estimated reading unless I provide one. I can confirm that I provided a reading for both gas and electricity on 29 October. Please can you confirm that you will work out my usage based on the readings provided a few days ago? I would like to confirm that my direct debit is for the correct amount.
Thank you.

I have received an email stating that you will be calculating my monthly usage based on an estimated reading unless I provide one. I can confirm that I provided a reading for both gas and electricity on 29 October. Please can you confirm that you will work out my usage based on the readings provided a few days ago? I would like to confirm that my direct debit is for the correct amount. Thank you.

This is a public forum so none of us customers will be able to confirm if your readings will be taken into account when Bulb prepares your statement. Based on my personal experience if you submitted meter reading within two days after you received the email from Bulb they will be taken into account.

@JoannaClaudio81 Based upon your readings we are still recommended the same change to stop you from going into debit. Let me know what you would like us to do.