Withdraw Credit

Hello, we are in credit by quite a bit. I would like to withdraw some of this as we are a little short this month but I can’t find anywhere to perform said action. Can anyone advise?

If you’ve provided a recent meter reading and have enough in your account to pay for next month, Bulb will be able to refund you any ‘overage’. It’s best to email help@bulb.co.uk for this as there’s a chance they may not see the request on this forum.

However, I do agree it’ll be useful to have that option under the ‘Payments’ screen - something like 'If balance>(monthly payment*1.5) { if lastReading<30 days then show ‘Request refund xx.xx to bank account’ else show ‘To request a refund, meter readings must be up to date - your last reading was over 30 days ago’).

Hello, we are in credit by quite a bit. I would like to withdraw some of this as we are a little short this month but I can't find anywhere to perform said action. Can anyone advise?

Look no further than this page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003394031