Worried about future bills

I’ve just received my final bill from my previous provider and it was £260 for 26 days!! I’m worried my monthly payments are too low with bulb. I still can’t work out why my bill was so high. I do have only electric so my heating is more expensive but I only heat one room usually.

@fionashukie, it’s likely that your payments were only a little off and that debit had been building up slowly over time.

You can however increase your monthly payments from your Payment details page if you’re concerned it’s too low.

Once you’ve had a few statements from Bulb, you should have a more accurate idea of what you should be paying per month so I wouldn’t worry about it too much right now.

I was up to date and it was for that month’s usage. 1183 kWh for daytime use from 1st January to 26 January. I use only one or two of my electric convection wall heaters regularly. And heat my water for two hours in the daytime as the nighttime heatup doesn’t last for two showers and a sink full of dishes! I can’t fathom why my bill was so large as I’ve spent most of January freezing and piling up dirty dishes as there’s never any hot water.

I estimate (including daily charge) you would be around £151 with Bulb for 1183 kWh usage.

Have you checked the readings on the final Bill? Does it include exit fees?

I estimate (including daily charge) you would be around £151 with Bulb for 1183 kWh usage.

Have you checked the readings on the final Bill? Does it include exit fees?

It doesn’t include exit fees from what I can see but it does include an amount that I’ve already paid from last month of £35. It shows on my account as paid on their app but not on this bill. So that makes it around £225 for 1183 kWh. I’m glad I’m with you guys now! Your amount sounds much more reasonable!

Oh I didn’t include nighttime use in my post. Part of that £225 is night time use. Breakdown is about £195 for daytime use and £20 for nighttime use and then VAT … Brings it up to £225. You are still cheaper!

@fionashukie looking at your estimated annual consumption, I think the figures we’re discussing are in the realm of reasonable, especially considering how cold it’s been this winter. Just keep an eye on your payments as we approach Spring.

Thanks for your help everyone.