wrong adress on your automated list

when I was filling my details to open an account with you,there was an automated list for my address,but the address on the list is not correct.my home addresss and illing adresss is,22 butterfly meadows,lockwood road Beverley,hu179ga. I have previously mentioned this.could you please let me know you have received this info,many thanks g.green.

have you received this info

have you received this info

This is a public forum seen by many Bulb customers and it isn’t wise to publish your personal information on it. You are able to remove any personal information by clicking on the cogwheel showing against you posting and selecting Edit.

As to whether whether you information has been received only the Bulb team will be able to advise this, and currently I guess they are not at their desks or PCs.

You can contact Bulb during working hours via this link: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb-

HI there @bertie22 I believe that one of my colleagues has emailed you back to let you know that they’ve picked up that address correction