Wrong bills

Has anyone else had bulb tell them that they should be paying over £500 a month for thier electricity when I have only ever paid £60 a month to Scottish power!

Have you been submitting regular meter readings? There are two likely possibilities that have caused your £5k debt:

1. You’ve never submitted a meter reading, and now have a massive debt to pay off due to estimates that were way too low. This seems unlikely since it would have had to have been going on for years to have got that bad. More likely is:
  2. You’ve submitted a meter reading that is wrong.
Have you been submitting regular meter readings? There are two likely possibilities that have caused your £5k debt:

It won’t be obvious from the original postings but the problem is highly likely due to the day and night readings being interchanged. This is from my discussions with the OP on Bulb’s Facebook page

Thanks for the flag @Allanr.

@Lhoney I am sorry that this has been an ongoing issue. We really should have sorted this fixed quicker for you.

You will have an email resolving this by the end of the day. And I have raised a formal complaint.

I can see that we’ve requested that your previous supplier change the day and night readings around.

The £527 is a (wrong) estimate and we will only take monthly payments as agreed on your direct debit.

They have recently taken £600 out of my account as they reversed the meter readings they were given. I have rasied this with them 3 times and sent them photographs of the meter etc. No progress so far and it’s been nearly a month now. I just had the experince of waiting 15 minutes to talk to them on a call and the guy at the other after end taking my details just sat silently pretending he couldn’t speak anymore even though I could hear all the people in the background of his office.
If they don’t sort this quickly I’m l’m moving suppliers and reporting them to the ombudsman.

Ask your bank to refund the payment as part of the direct debit guarantee as it seems Bulb took it erroneously?

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the response. Unfortunately they took the money from the extra left against my account. How I ended up with over £600 on account with Bulb is beyond me but thats a different problem.