Wrong meter reading.

I have recently had my meter read by a meter reader from Bulb. I did think at the time that the guy was incompetent, as he was pressing all sorts of buttons on the meter, but left him to it as he has gone through some sort of training, so maybe I was wrong.
Looked at my Bulb account the other day and my thoughts of incompetence were verified. My meter reading is roughly 44k over and my monthly usage has gone from £40 to £1848.
I have written an e mail to Bulb and supplied another reading…but alas no response.
My meter reading hasn’t been updated, despite getting an e mail when it was submitted confirming it was received.
Did no-one think the reading was suspect when too many digits appeared?
Can someone look into this sheer incompetence.
The price of fuel is high enough without adding further stress to people’s lives when they see this sort of thing.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You’re posting on a forum populated by other Bulb customers like yourself. You need to contact Bulb directly by either phone, email, or webchat. Contact details can be found in the help pages via the “Help” button at the top of the page.

I’ve already done that by email but despite saying they would reply within 24 hours. I’ve heard nothing.
Worst customer service I have ever had.

@Razorb64 Apologies for the delay, I have sent you a reply to the email and will get the reading corrected.

I’ve already done that by email but despite saying they would reply within 24 hours. I’ve heard nothing.

Where did it say 24 hours? Any email I’ve sent has had an auto-reply stating an aim of a 5 day response. That isn’t great I’ll admit but I’ve never seen anything saying a response would be expected within 24 hours.