Wrong Multi-Rate Meter Reading

I might have submitted the wrong meter reading because I wasn’t sure which is the night and which is the day rate? I read a Bulb article advising that Rate 1 is the Day rate and Rate 2 is the Night rate. However, Rate 2 reading is higher than Rate 1, and I read in another article that the high Rate should be the Day rate. And now I’m confused.

My meter is a Multi Rate Landis+Gyr 5254E, if that means anything at all? Help.

It possibly may be more appropriate if you contact the Bulb team direct ideally by telephone or chat, their details can be found at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001240291-How-can-I-get-in-touch-with-Bulb- The Bulb team will be able to explain in more details and if need be correct the readings you submitted.

This is basically a customer to customer forum although the Bulb team do pop in at regular intervals.

HI there @Boo thanks for getting in touch. As Allanr says, we can give you more detailed info about things like this if you email help@bulb.co.uk or give us a ring on 0300 30 30 635 from 9:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday, or pop onto the online chat on our website during the same hours.

Here’s how to read that meter, if it helps.

Press the green ‘A’ button until you see ‘TOTAL ACT IMPORT’ and a reading appears followed by kWh. This is your electricity reading.

If you have a two rate meter then you can get your two separate readings by pressing the green button a second time and third time.

There’s no simple rule to follow to know which rate is Day or Night. This varies from meter to meter. The information for your meter may be written on the meter itself or it may say Low (Night) and Normal (Day) next to the readings. Otherwise, try reading the meter twice during the day, and see which reading has moved-that’s the day reading. Be aware that the reading may have increased by only a fraction of a unit, you’ll likely need to look at the decimals.