Wrong time shown on dual rate (economy 7) meter.

While I’m waiting to hear back from customer service (4 days since I contacted them), does anyone actually know if it matters that the time shown on my meter is half an hour slow? I know it only ever shows GMT, never BST, but it’s now slow, and I’m wondering if this effects the timing of our off peak supply. For example, we set the dishwasher to come on at 23.30 GMT to use the off peak, but if the meter thinks it’s actually 23.00, presumably the first 30 min will be charged at day rate?

PS Yes I know I could set the dishwasher to come on at midnight. My question is about whether the indicated time on the meter actually makes any difference to on/off peak tariffs.

PS Yes I know I could set the dishwasher to come on at midnight. My question is about whether the indicated time on the meter actually makes any difference to on/off peak tariffs.

Yes it does.

But half an hour is within the standard “jitter” that is applied to prevent all Economy-7 controlled appliances in your area all switching on simultaneously. It’s also standard for the time to be fixed at GMT and so your off-peak period changes by 1 hour in the summer.

You need to set your appliances to operate during whatever time the meter logs as off-peak, whatever that may be.