Welcome to the Bulb Community, it’s lovely to see you here. This is a place for everyone (whether you’re with Bulb or not) to talk to us and each other about your ideas for Bulb. It’s where you can share advice on how to save energy or how to make your life greener. Or you can just hang out and shoot the breeze.
Please note: The community is not the place to get fast information if you’re having trouble with your account. You can get detailed answers to specific queries in our Help Centre.
You don’t need to be a Bulb member to join the discussions on Community.
We’d love to hear your ideas and for you to get stuck in. We’ve written these standards to help you make the most of Community and make it a friendly place.
Find the right section to start your discussion
The Community has three discussion sections, each with its own purpose. To help get kickstart a conversation with the right people, post your discussion in the most relevant section. Choose from:
- About Bulb: the place to chat with us and each other about Bulb – both the company and the service we provide. This is also where we’ll ask for your thoughts and opinions on the new things we’re working on.
- Help and Support: If you have a problem and think the community can help, this is the place to ask it. If you want a quick, short answer to a specific question about your account, try the Help Centre instead.
- Everything but Bulb: the place to talk green issues, share advice or ask a question that doesn’t quite fit anywhere else.
Once posted, if we think your discussion will be more useful in another section, we’ll move it across.
Choose a good discussion title
In the community, every good discussion starts with a good discussion title. Titles are how people decide which discussions to read and respond to.
A descriptive title helps people who know the answer to jump in and help, and it helps people with the same question to find answers too. So Instead of naming your discussion ‘smart meter’, try summarising what you actually want, like ‘How can I request a smart meter?’ or ‘Are smart meters safe?’
Make sure your title is relevant. Silly discussion titles that aren’t related to your post will probably get a silly response.
If we think your title isn’t as useful as it could be, we might update it to something more relevant to get the discussion started.
Lend a hand
Team Bulb are here to answer your questions. But you might be more of an expert than you think. If you know the answer to someone’s question, go ahead and answer.
Personal experience is often just the answer people are looking for. Someone from Bulb will always double check comments, so don’t be too shy to lend a hand.
Be polite and respectful
The Community is a place where everyone should feel comfortable sharing and discussing issues, ideas and questions. You might not agree with everyone but always be polite and respect each other’s opinions.
It’s best practice to consider what impact your comment will have before responding.
In short, be nice.
Don’t post personal details
This is a public forum. Please don’t share your (or anyone else’s) personal details. If you need to give Bulb your name, address or bank details to get help with your energy account contact us privately. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, or give us a call on 0300 30 30 635 or speak to us on our live chat, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm).
Don’t post your referral link
It’s great when people share Bulb with their family and friends. But, we’ve had a lot of feedback from members that referral links on the Community make it difficult to see and participate in all the other, more helpful discussions. For this reason, we ask you not to post your referral link.
If you do, this is the process:
- Post once: we’ll send you a friendly message to let you know we’ve removed your post and gently remind you that it’s against our Community Guidelines.
- Post twice: we’ll send you a not so nice message.
- Post thrice: if you continue to post your referral link, we’ll delete your account, and contact you to let you know.
Don’t be inappropriate
This is a public forum that gives you the opportunity to share your thoughts and discuss your opinions. And we encourage this. That said, there’s few things that we won’t tolerate.
We don’t like
- Being disagreeable for the sake of it
- Posting spam
- Giving unconstructive criticism
- Posting comments that don’t add anything to the conversation
We won’t have
- Use of more than one account per person
- Impersonating others
- Criminal activity
- Sexually explicit content
- Use of rude or offensive language. Nobody should feel excluded on the basis of
- Gender identity or gender expression
- Sexual orientation
- Disability or medical condition
- Physical appearance
The Community should be a friendly place. If we think you’re misusing it, we’ll let you know.
To help you get the most out of the community, we may guide you on how to make your contribution more appropriate. But we will delete your account if we need to. This decision will be made by a Bulb Community manager. We’ll follow the guidelines, but the decision is at our discretion.
If there’s a problem
If you feel uncomfortable with any content that’s been posted on the Community, you can contact the Community manager Eleanor via a private message. Or you can send an email to email@example.com.
You can also flag any inappropriate content. Just click the ‘Flag’ button in the right-hand corner of a comment and we’ll review it.
Thanks for keeping the community a safe, informative and friendly place!